Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A New Chapter...

The past three years and 4 months I have been living in Calgary. I never expected that life would bring me to Western Canada! Whenever I pictured myself moving away from good old Ottawa, it was to more exotic locations. But alas, Calgary is where I landed. I have truly loved living here. I have made some great friends whom I really connected with. I have done some great work at a strong agency. And I have seen some of the most beautiful sights in the world here in the Alberta Rockies. It has been such a blessing to live in a unique and beautiful place. But all good things must come to an end. Followed by more good things I hope.

I have been registered at Royal Roads University in the MA Human Security and Peacebuilding program since last May. My courses are finally coming to an end this May with a 3 week residency in Uganda. It has been an exhausting 10 months with papers and assignments, trips to Victoria, and working full time. But it has been worth it to reawaken my thirst for knowledge, my curiosity about the world, and my passion for the struggles of people. The world is truly a brighter place when you open yourself up to it (even the dark parts make you appreciate the light).

So this is where you find me now, wrapping up things at work, planning all the tedious ins and outs of my long and exhausting trip, trying to secure a practicum in India, and packing my life up in two suitcases and a two carry-on bags. I am anxious but hungry for something new. And hoping to rediscover myself when all is said and done.

The World is three days: As for yesterday, it has vanished, along with all that was in it. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work in it.
- Hassan al-Basri

1 comment:

4ndi Land said...

I'm so glad you gotyourblog up and going in this most exciting of times. Do keepit alive and tell usabout All your activities!!!